Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Good recipe

Hey friends, so yes it is June, yes I am a little concerned that five full months of the year have passed, yes I am a little frantic about the boyfriend's birthday coming up soon, yes I realize that Christmas is in December (but I already thinking about presents), yes I realize in September I will be 24 (eek, that seems old), and yes, I freak out about random things (it is just a part of what makes me, ME)!!!  :)

So back to the title of my blog today: a good recipe!  As I mentioned in my last blog I made a great meal!  It is a great meal, I am still eating it!  So, I must admit the food is good (I do not like leftovers - however I love leftovers that are from a good meal).  So these leftovers are so worth it.  I decided today to include the recipe for others to try.  I got the recipe from Epicurious (if you are an iPod or iPad user, the app. is available to you).

Of course I substituted items like Farfalle pasta for Campanella pasta (I used the whole box, which explains why I have lots of leftovers).  I used cream cheese and 3tbsp of butter instead of Neufchâtel (it is like cream cheese, you can find it in the store).  I forgot the lemon, but it did not seem to matter.

So I recommend this recipe!  Give it a go, try something new!  I hope that you are not disappointed with it! :)  Have a good day friends!


This Epicurious.com recipe: Creamy Farfalle with Salmon and Peas
has been sent to you by a friend.
Creamy Farfalle with Salmon and Peas
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1 pound salmon fillet, skin removed 
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided 
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
6 ounces farfalle pasta 
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
1 1/2 cups 1 percent milk,divided 
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 
3 ounces Neufchaåtel 
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest

Heat broiler to low. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Season salmon with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Broil until cooked through, 5 minutes per side. Let cool; cut salmon into bite-size pieces. Cook pasta as directed on package; add peas 3 minutes before end of cooking time; drain. Whisk 1/4 cup milk and flour in a small saucepan until smooth; whisk in remaining 1 1/4 cups milk, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook over medium heat, whisking, until as thick as heavy cream, 10 minutes. Remove from heat; add Neufchaåtel and 1 tbsp dill; whisk until cheese melts. Toss pasta and peas with sauce and salmon; drizzle with juice. Garnish with zest and remaining 1 tablespoon dill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment