Tuesday, May 31, 2011

So a long weekend, needs a re-cap!

So it has been a while since I blogged, super sorry but been super busy!  So here is a small re-cap of my life since you last read!

Thursday night we went dancing, lots of fun!

Friday, Kenneth took off work so we could play all day!  We went to Costco to buy a kayak!!!!  After that we went up to the Mount Olympus Berry Farm to play with our kayak!  However our kayak had a little issue (the back closed hatch had a leak), so we went back to Costco to exchange it.  The minute we got back, it started to pour down.  Luckily it stopped long enough for us to put the kayak up and drive back to my apartment.  At about six, I got an invite to go with Kenneth to his cousin's wedding on Saturday!  I accepted, I mean I had nothing else to do.  For Friday night we went and got Redbox movies, The Green Hornet and Tron: Legacy (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo).  I must admit, I thought the Green Hornet was super stupid but funny.  I fell asleep before Tron started.

Saturday, we drove to Hampton for the wedding.  The wedding was small and intimate, the dress was handmade by her mom.  After that we went to his Aunt's house, for the bbq at 6 (the wedding was at 11).  I must admit, all I wanted to do was sleep.  I had a bit of amusement with Kenneth's siblings.  The food was good, and lots of family.  I will admit, it was a little taunting meeting his family for the first time at a wedding.  However, I did think it was odd there was no tossing of the flowers or garter.  Yet, I was slightly grateful of that (no, I do not really want a ring anytime soon).

Sunday, I had to work (insert sad face here).  Kenneth went off kayaking and hanging out.  After work, we went downtown to Off the Hookah to start Memorial day with a "picnic" and drink!  After that we walking around downtown, and ended up in Sine.  We split the shepard's pie (which was AMAZING), however had so many peas in it.  After that we drove around checking out the place and enjoying our night!  Kenneth and I recently have been talking about moving in together, and we think we might light to live in the bottom (so we were kind of checking it out).  We came back to the apartment to pick up my grocery list.  Kenneth has this new plan that I need to plan out a week of cooking and only go shopping once a week.  So, per his instructions I have made a weekly menu (and next weeks too) and a shopping list!  So, at close to 10:30 we went grocery shopping.   I must admit, it was super fun being like the only people in the store, so we could hog up the isle or do anything we wanted without people being around!

Monday, I had to work again (insert even sadder face).  I worked a whole day, which was ANNOYING because we had no one come in.  I mean who would?  The weather was gorgeous and the river is so close.  I know I would not go to a museum on the first day of summer.  Kenneth brought me Chick-Fil-A for lunch (such a keeper)!  Now granted, I did ask him to bring me lunch since I had not had time to cook anything or get a lunch ready.  I was going insane at work.  It was super slow and just not worth it. I came home last night and made Creamy Farfalla with Salmon and Peas, from Epicurious (iPod application).  I substituted farfalla for campanella pasta, and added some butter and cream cheese instead of some neuchatella.  I must admit, the food was GOOD!  I only had one question for Kenneth.  So, it was a meal all on my own!  It made more than I thought it would, so I have a lot of leftovers (oh well, it was good so it is worth it).  We ended last night watching M*A*S*H - Martinis and Medicine Complete Collection!  I LOVE M*A*S*H!!!!!

Today, I went to Weight Watchers (since it was closed yesterday).  I lost 0.8 pounds since last week.  So my total so far is 2.4 (now it is not a lot, but it is some - so that is all that counts).


So how was everyone's weekend?  Anyone cookout?  Favorite cookout food?  Hotdogs or hamburgers???

No comments:

Post a Comment