Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Church at the farm

I must admit, I love going to the farm.  I know a lot of people have heard me talk about "the farm," and yes I must admit: I am addicted!  The "farm" is the Mount Olympus Berry Farm, located off of Exit 104 on 95. The berry farm is owned by a family who goes to my church, and they are always welcoming and wonderful!

The church service on Sunday was at the farm.  There were a lot of people who came, which was super fun!  The service was down at the pavilion, which was very breezy and nice!
After the service, we had food!  It was a "picnic" with everyone else bringing a side.  The food was good, I brought the leftover trifle and cheesecake.

The pavilion is right in front of the lake.  The Smythe's (owner of pavilion) have 6 sit-on-top kayaks, a canoe and trolling boat.  With all the kids that were there, it was hard to figure out which kid belonged to who.  The kids enjoyed the kayaks and swimming.  Kenneth and I enjoyed our kayak.  Then we laid out for a bit on the "raft" - which is this "raft" like object in the lake, with hard sides and a top - and ended up watching kids jump off the raft and be fun!

It was a great day!  Afterwards, Kenneth looked like a lobster!

No comments:

Post a Comment