Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Random food, cooking and observation; and other random issues

Good afternoon friends!  I hope everyone's Wednesday is sailing smoothly!  Mine has had no rough waters.  Yes, I am using all sailing metaphors; for some weird reason.  Maybe it is because I cannot stop thinking about sailing.  I mean, it was the great breeze on my face, or the means of being completely free of everything; but man, sailing was nice!

My freshman roommate and new husband just bought a boat.  Check out her blog here!  They decided why not, you only live once and your are only young once!

Now I realize, I would love to own a sail boat.  However, I live in Richmond; it is not going to happen.  I mean, it would require a lot of effort to get it down to the river, it would require a lot of effort to store, and it would take forever to get to the ocean or river near the ocean.  Hence, I will not own a boat anytime soon (insert sad face here please).

Okay, so back to the post title; or at least part of it!  Cooking!

Last night for dinner, I decided to have spaghetti with spaghetti squash, and some salmon.  Oh yes, the squash.  Well, one would not think it should be so hard to cut a squash; well here is my attempt.  

Yes the knife is stuck sticking straight up.  At one point I could not remove the knife, so it stayed there for a few minutes.  Needless to say, I eventually won the fight; with all appendages still attached.  Kenneth was extremely impressed with that factor.  The salmon was just cooked in Wildtree Grapeseed oil, salt and pepper.

So yes, this afternoon I decided to have Tortino's Pizza Rolls!  Yes, I know this is not a good lunch; but I was lazy.  So I was reading the information facts on the back (since being on Weight Watchers I need to read it all), and it made me laugh.  A serving size is 6 pieces, but there are 15 pieces in a package.  Well, let's just preface this with saying I did not major in Math for a reason: I was trying to figure out why they did not just put either 12 or 18 pieces in the package.  It took me a little too long to figure out that it will be a 2 and a half servings in the box (insert blonde moment here please), I swear I have black hair.  So if anyone wants to know, a serving (6 pieces) is 6 Points Plus; and yes I ate the whole package (yikes)!


So Monday I decided to re-arrange my room.  I have lived in my apartment since the beginning on November.  I set up my room so that it was great, however after watching my roommate change her likes three times I decided it was my turn!
So yes, this is my desk - no I do not get to sit at it

My bed, is now in the window - having my bed on risers it makes it just one inch above the window sill

Heading towards my bathroom - it did not change

Dresser, did not change either

This is my desk, I mean it is my bed - so this might explain why my back hurts a lot bending over the bed to the computer on my lap or the bed itself

So yes, super random blog.  Yet hey, that's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment