Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Take me out to the ball game!!!

Good morning friends!  I hope that Wednesday has been a great day for you so far, and that this week so far has been good to you!  My week has been a good one so far!

Yesterday, dropping off the rest of the trifle at my mom's work and running errands all day was very relaxing.  I mean, I must admit; Winchester is super boring.  I go to my mom's work for amusement!  I love the ladies (and gents) that my mom works with!  They are all pretty cool and loads of fun!  Another thing I must admit, is that I thought Winchester was a big city (well not like Fairfax or D.C.); I mean I went to college in a town called Farmville (all we had was a Wal*Mart).  I mean, I went to school in the middle of nothing, surrounded by cows, 5 miles from the all boy's school (Hampden-Syndey).  So, yes I use to think Winchester was big; but now living in Richmond... Richmond is NICE!!!  Now I know Richmond is not like Miami or New York; but it is super nice!

So a girl I went to college with who blogs (check out her blog here), her blog today is talking about how she was a tomboy, did not do dance/gymnastics, and loves baseball!  So it got me thinking about my baseball game tonight (hence the name of the post), since I figured out everyone who reads the blog knows I ballroom; however I did dance (ballet, tap, jazz, pointe, modern) for fourteen years of my life.

Richmond is big enough to have a minor league team, the Flying Squirrel's.  They do okay, I mean I have not been following them recently.

I must admit, I LOVE baseball!  Baseball is an awesome sport to watch.  I have been to one professional game, Orioles vs. Braves!  Let's just say I was super excited!  I mean, I love baseball for the guys!  I must admit, I am a looker; I love to look at nice looking guys!  Baseball, I have found out, comes with great looking guys!  Nothing wrong with that in my mind!

My work, the Valentine, for employee appreciation has given us (workers) free tickets (up to 2) and free Acorn bucks ($20 amount).  The game we are going to is tonight, against the Birmingham Mets.
So a few weeks ago, I told our finance person I would take two tickets.  I asked an old friend from college is he wanted to go with me, he said yes in a heartbeat!  However, he bailed on me yesterday; wrecked his car and has no way to get around.  I was super upset.  I started asking everyone I knew in Richmond if they wanted to go to a free game.

I thought about asking Kenneth, however I know he HATES baseball.  He thinks it is super boring.  Yet, my boyfriend has decided to forsake his hatred of baseball to attend the game with me tonight; because he knows how much I want to go.  I mean, free drinking on my boss's tab (who am I to object)!!!!!

So yes, we will be going out to the ball game tonight!  I will post pictures later tonight or tomorrow!
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment