Friday, April 15, 2011

Ok so it's been a pretty busy past few days...

Ok, so it's been since Wednesday since I blogged; and I feel so bad about it.  It has been a very busy past few days; and I am so glad they have slowed down.


Wednesday night Kenneth came up; with our cute little porch chairs (all blue)!  Let's just say I was super excited to have the chairs!  After that we had dinner, baked fish with pasta and corn (and alfredo sauce); not my best meal, but very tasty.  Then I drove him around to show him my cute little walking park (which he pointed out to me was super small, but hey it's ok! I like it).  Then we drove a little bit further to see another park, which is a 1.5 mile loop around a pond (however, the pond has a lot of mosquitos and allergy issues).  After that we went to the Verizon store, since my crackberry and I have been having a lot of issues lately.  Of course, the guy could do nothing for my phone (and I cannot upgrade until June).  Yes, I have considered running over my phone with my car, or shooting it with a gun (neither of which when I am yelling them at my phone make it want to behave) what else is new!  So, I am patiently waiting for June to get here so I can get a new phone (yet, new versions come out in July... so wait until June or July??? Debating here).


I LOVE PB!!!
After that, we decided to go to SweetFrog!  I had never been, and neither had he; however I know a LOT of people rave about it.  I was slightly confused when we first entered, but ended up being very impressed by the overall scheme of it.  The girl working realized we had never been there before so she gave us some tasting cups to use to see what we could like and all that.  Since I gave up ice cream, this was like the second best thing!  I do not eat yogurt on a regular basis, or on any basis at all; so the "original tart" was disgusting and made me want to throw up (however, the rest were great)!  I loved the variety of flavors, which I figure do change - but when we went we got to see: Cappuccino, Peanut Butter, Original Tart, Vanilla, Mango, Cocoanut, Cheesecake, Strawberry, Chocolate, Cookies and Cream, and a few others that I cannot remember.  I ended up getting the Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt!!!  Kenneth got the Cookies and Cream flavor (I wish I knew what it tasted like - he said it was not that much like a cookie but more like chocolate).  The endless topping bar was amazing!  I realize that once I am off my Lenten "diet" I am heading back there to enjoy the full enjoying of the toppings bar and all the great flavors of frozen yogurt.  I of course had a slim amount of pickings for my toppings (pretty much only fruit and non-candy items); and went with blueberries, blackberries, and pretzels.  Kenneth added strawberries and whip cream (yes, I was slightly jealous of the whipped topping)!  My finished product was interesting looking, but oh so amazing!  Kenneth enjoyed his fro-yo a lot also!  He scarfed his down pretty quickly (like most food he eats).  I would say the overall experience was great for the both of us and we had a good time enjoying our fro-yo!  It was a great little date for us!
My "fro-yo" of the night




So the other day when my roommate and I went out for a few outings, we went to Target and looked at chairs.  Of course, I drive a two-door Honda Civic and she drives a four-door Ford; which neither car would hold or carry the chairs we wanted to buy.  So we hatched a plan to have Kenneth purchase them for us at the Target near him, and put them in his big SUV and drive them up here for us (we are going to pay him back for our chairs)!  Orange wanted a green chair, and I wanted a blue one; we told Kenneth he could get a tan one if he wanted!  Of course, the Target Kenneth went to only had tan and blue chairs (insert sad face here).  So now we own three blue chairs!  The picture is only of two of the chairs, since my porch is not that big (I cannot get a picture of all the chairs at the same time).  Of course, thought my roommate and I decided we needed a table; which we bought and did fit in my car at that time.  So now our porch is decked out with three really pretty blue chairs and one tan table.  

When we were in Target, I found my Easter dress! I was so excited!  However, now I have to find the perfect shoes (which is turing out to be harder than I thought).  My dress is a lavender/periwinkle color, so I want tan shoes (preferably open toe, wedges).  We shall see, as I progress in my hunt for the prefect Easter shoes.

Yesterday!  Thursday!  The day before Friday!  Oh yes, yesterday was a LONG day.  I had to work from ten to five, because it was our volunteers bus trip; and our boss and Deb were off on the trip.  So Rick and I worked.  Of course, the day was slightly normal; Rick and I both gave one house tour.  I feel like Rick's was better than mine; I had a pushy lady from Texas on mine (who asked me where I was from since I said, "you guys" and not "y'all" - really? does it matter??? NO - yes,  I was a little peeved at her).  Besides that, we had one sale in the gift shop (which was a pretty good size sale).  I sold two ties (both amazingly beautiful and overpriced - but hey, I do not make the prices so why does it matter).  Besides that, the parking lot is finished which is AMAZING.  This ordeal has been going on since November; and it is like 98% done.  Now if it would only hurry up and end.  But it was nice yesterday to be able to park behind the building (like a weekend); and not having to park in the MCV deck.  After work, I of course had to deal with the five o'clock rush hour traffic.  I realized I hate traffic (well I already knew that, but it was more confirmed yesterday).  I felt slightly rushed, since I knew I had to leave by six to get to the Thomas' house to talk to them about housesitting.  I had time to run home, change and grab some cheez-it's to munch on the way to their house.  
Their house is beautiful!  It is in the middle-of-no-where, but not really (the neighbors can be seen).  So I will be housesitting starting Saturday night until Thursday morning.  I get to watch over a few fish, one lizard (which I only have to feed), three chickens and a dog.  This will probably be the most interesting housesitting gig I have had.  Of course, I know the Thomas family because they attend my church and the two oldest boys are in my youth group!  The youngest one is in sixth grade, so he will eventually be the senior high youth group but not yet!

Well while at work, Kenneth had asked me if I wanted to go dancing that night, and I said yes!  I realized he got the same email as I did about the photographer coming to Rigby's Jig that night.  So, after I finished at the Thomas' house, I drove down to the studio.  Of course, since he's a great guy; he had got me a sandwich to eat from Tropical Smoothie (his favorite place).  I had to scarf down the food, because he had signed us up for the eight o'clock beginning waltz class (unbeknownst to my), I thought we were going to be doing the dance party at 8:30.  Boy was I shocked, but I did very well!  We learned a turn I had never done before; and of course it was comical to see Kenneth in a class. 
For Arrival day (the day I arrived in America, January 18, 1988), my mother told me she would buy me two Rigby's packages for my present.  The "Introduction Package" is 2 private lessons, 1 group class and 1 dance party; and the "All-You-Can-Dance Package" which is unlimited group classes and parties for a month.  I was so excited that she was going to give these to me as my present; however until now I have not really found any classes I like.  Last night, I picked up with May schedule and realized I wanted to take a LOT of the classes; so I texted my mother today and told her I would like to redeem my present now.  Of course, I have not gotten a reply; but that is typical with my mom and texting.  

And yesterday, dancing counted as my "workout;" so I still need to get my butt moving about today's work out.  I am debating skipping the walking, and doing yoga - and enjoying the great weather outside right now (I have been inside for awhile, since the yard guys have been outside with leaf blowers making a lot of noise and stirring up allergies - dislike both)!  So I believe it is time for me to bid adios to you all, and I am going outside to read a book (which I still have to pick out). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment