Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My day (so far)

Okay, so today has been pretty eventful!

I went up to Ashland to cat sit, for Anne again.  Tunney greeted me at the door this time!  AND even loved on my leg once.  I was pretty impressed with her level of affection.  Yesterday when my roommate and I went, there were ants EVERYWHERE on her food.  I HATE bugs.  I hate the thought of bugs, the idea of them crawling all around - EWWWW GROSSSS!!!!!!  So, of course yesterday I was having a conniption fit over the bugs.  Well today was better!  NO BUGS!!!!  I was so happy to see that the food was clean (well as clean as canned cat food can be) and BUG FREE!!

Also today I realized that I needed to put gas in my car.  It had been two weeks, March 30th was the last date in my book, that I put gas in my car.  I knew gas prices had gone up (a WHOLE lot); however when I went to Costco to purchase my gas I was in for a shock.  My gas was $3.61, and I put in 9.240 gallons to a total of $33.44!!  Eekk, my wallet did not appreciate that purchase.  Of course, the whole waiting in line with tons of other people fussing about the gas price and the wait of people in front of them.  The person in front of me, waiting until the car in front of them had moved, even though the first pump was open (and yes, I had considered moving my car to the first pump but I could not get around the car next to me - and yes, I was going to be even more mad if the person next to me took the first pump spot in front of me).  Needless to say patience is not my virtue.

After getting gas, I drove back a little over a mile to a cute little park.  Springfield Park can be found off of Springfield Road.  Yesterday my roommate and I passed it on our way back home from shopping and cat sitting; so today I decided to give it a go.  I decided I would walk for thirty minutes (since I do not have a pedometer to measure my milage).  I figured that thirty minutes would be a good amount of time to walk.  I started off at a four minute pace (I had music to figure out how fast I was walking - thank god for iPods); then I ended up being anywhere between a 3:30 and a 3:45 minute loop.  I thought I was doing pretty good for myself.  I went around six times for a total of about twenty-two minutes; yet on my last loop my right back ankle started to hurt - YUP, I was started to have a blister.  Of course, being the smart person I am; I stopped walking and retreated back to my car.  Friday, hopefully I will have better luck.  On my way home I measured how far it is from my apartment and it is a mile (and a little bit more).  Maybe I will get good enough that I can walk to the park and do a work out!  We shall see!

Stay tuned for more work out adventures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment