Okay, so I realize I need to get my butt moving a work out more often (or ever). In high school, I use to dance four nights of the week; plus weekends and random days (for practice). Then I went to college. Oh college! I did get the "Freshman 15," well I got more since my birth control at that time was a three month apart injection. After that, I realized I needed to switch my birth control quickly; which I did. Yet, I could not shake the extra pounds I had gained. Now I do admit that I partied like crazy freshman year, drank frequently and enjoyed the McDonald's across the street a lot. So, lots of items worked against me; plus the gym at the time was not the best thing ever.
Sophomore year, Longwood got the new gym; which now is called Campus Rec. Yet, it took a lot of effort for me to go to the gym. Then once I started working at the gym junior year, I spent so much time working there; I never wanted to be there to work out. The same applied to my senior year, since I worked more than I went to class (no, I did not skip class). My senior year, I lived in an apartment complex that had an okay gym; yet only used it once (it was not that good).
I lived in Ashland for a bit right after senior year, and though I could have good walking areas (since it is not a busy town) I only walked once or twice. Now that I live in Glen Allen, my apartment has a "gym." I mean, it has a few pieces of equipment and some weights; not too much, but not too little. I have only walked through the gym once; and that was before I even signed by paperwork.
I have a yoga dvd, a zumba dvd and even a Jillian Michael's dvd. However, I can only convince myself to do them sparingly. I had Kenneth's wii for a while (well until last week); and I would frequently do Wii Fit! Wii fit was an okay "game" however I feel like I needed more motivation.
I would love to run. I have always admired people who can run forever and not seem to die. I however cannot run to save my life, and I know that I have to "learn to run" but I want it to be an instantaneous thing that I can just do.
So, to all my friends who do run (or can run): how do you do it? I want to learn "how to run." Please help me out, thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment