Okay, so a lot has been going on since the last time I truly sat down and blogged.
Thursday: I got up super early, to clean the house (not like it was a mess, but I wanted to make sure it was clean) and wash the sheets. After that I drove home, to print out a bunch of papers to work on for a meeting (this Thursday). I had lunch with a friend from Longwood at Red Robin! I ordered the onion ring tower (to split) and the BBQ Whiskey wrap! I love Red Robin! After that, I had to run an errand to Ulta (I was out of conditioner)! After that, I had to drive up to church for the Maundy Thursday service. I was the Lay Eucharist Minister (the one who gives the wine to everyone). The service was beautiful and I got to spend some time with my friend Anne! After that I went to bed, and was super sleepy.
Friday: I had to work from ten to one, and I thought my mom was coming late that night; so I would have some time to clean and get all organized! Yet, my mother surprised me on Wednesday night and told me she was going to come early on Friday because she was "sick" and was not going to work on Thursday or Friday. So, by the time I got home from work I had less than twenty minutes to clean my apartment and get ready for my mother's visit. My mom wanted to get some food, so we went to Chipotle (so yummy)! We both got bowls, but I had chicken she got veggie. After that we went to DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse), where my mother purchased three pairs of shoes (one heel, one wedge and one flat). I was stunned at her shoe choice, I mean she has NEVER worn heels. She was super proud of herself. After that we went to get manicure and pedicures (my mom's treat). I have not had my nails done in a while, but it felt so nice! I got hot pink on my toes, and french on my hand! After that we went to the Good Friday service, which was a very somber affair. After that we went to Anne's house (where my mom was staying) and we played Dominos! I won!!! Kenneth meet me at my apartment to spend the weekend.
Saturday: my mom came over around 9, and we looked at her jewelry (which I am working on a site for her now). After that we went and run a bunch of errands. We took her to Hobby Lobby (which I believe is like a Michael's meets Ben Franklin meets Jo-Ann Fabrics store), she had a field day! After that we went to PetSmart, where I decided I wanted a puppy (because they are so cute). We went to the Short Pump Towne Center, to Saxon and a bunch of other stores. We had California Pizza Kitchen for lunch, which took forever to get food or even get seated. The food was of course amazing! I had a tostada pizza, my mom had a sandwich and soup, and Kenneth had the Hawaiian BBQ pizza. We went to a bead store after Short Pump, which was an expensive trip (like always)! After that we went to Ulta (my mom loves that store also). We had a lot of fun shopping all day, even Kenneth did not mind it all. After that, mom and I went up to church to attend the Easter Vigil, while Kenneth went off dancing. The service was wonderful, and of course during service I realized that Lent was over and Easter had arrived and I could eat and drink whatever I wanted. During the sermon, our seminarian Herbert preached about nouns being used as verbs; and the only one he accepted was "Easter-ing." So, after church a bunch of people from the choir where talking about going "Easter-ing," and Herbert laughed at us and told us it sounded like we were not talking about "Easter-ing" but "drinking." We went back to Anne's again, and I lost of Skip-Bo. We got Easter baskets (yes I am 23 and still believe). My mom had a lot of fun, making my "basket;" my Target bag was full of goodies! Starburst, SweetTart and Jolly Rancher jelly beans, reese cups, reese white eggs, reese bunnies and Cadbury cream eggs. I obtained a bag of Nerd jelly beans. Kenneth came to pick me up, and took my back to my apartment; we decided to participate in "Easter-ing" so we stopped at Martin's to get some juice. Back at the apartment, we both poured a drink and crawled into bed. I barely took two sips out of my drink before I passed out.
Sunday: Kenneth and I woke up at 9 (when we should have been leaving then). We rushed out of the apartment by 9:20, and got to church before it started. My mother wore a purple and white skirt, with a purple top and white sweater. Kenneth had a white shirt and jeans. I had my perfect Easter dress, with my super cute shoes! Here are a bunch of pictures my mom took after the service.
![]() |
| Right after church |
![]() |
| Us trying to pose pretty |
![]() |
| Mom experimenting with picture taking |
Monday: I had a super early appointment to go to the dentist to get my permanent crown. It took more time to drive to the dentist and back than it took to get the crown on. Oh the joys of going to the dentist. Once I got home, I started working on my mom's jewelry website (still working in progress). After that we went and ran a bunch of errands; and had Panera for lunch! I had the new steak and cheese sandwich and also potato soup. Of course, I mean we went to Rite Aid to get some really good candy! I am addicted to candy, and am so glad Lent is over. I had a chiropractic appointment at 3:15, and so my mom went across the street to Coldwater Creek. After my appointment, we went back over there; and my mom bought a bunch of clothes for herself and also me!!! My mom has a personal shopper over there, and so the shopping is a lot of fun! We were all joking about how my mom needs to have the Coldwater Creek Credit Card. So on her purchase, she did not get the offer; yet for my FIRST purchase I got the offer! It was super funny to all of us! After shopping, we went to Perkins to have dinner with Nancy and Judy. It was a lot of fun, they all ordered breakfast food; while I had a burger! For dessert I had peanut butter pie (so delicious)!
Did not sleep well last night (sad face). The dogs kept me up all night; and Khalua woke me up right as the sun rose to come inside (not a nice cat). I only have a few things to do while visiting my mom for a few days. The main thing I have to do is work on the website.
So, right now that's all folks!



No comments:
Post a Comment