So I have been a bad blogger, not writing a lot recently. I have had a lot going on lately, so it has been hard to write.
Saturday, I worked during the Emancipation Civil War Day. I hated the weather, it sucked a lot. It was pouring when I left my apartment, and pouring when I got home. The weather did lighten up a bit in the afternoon, enough for our bus trip to start. The museum was steadily busy, we counted over one hundred people coming in. That was a big deal!
After work, I went home really quickly to grab my stuff and head up to the house sitting house to begin my duties! By the time I got to the house, the sun was shining and the birds were singing. Bailey was super excited to see me! I went to feed the chickens, and ripped my pants (well not too badly). Kenneth came up and we drove back down towards Richmond to find something to do; but the dance class we wanted to attend was not happening - so we bought some groceries and headed back!
Sunday, was Palm Sunday at church and my church did the Passion reading as the Gospel; and I told someone I would be a reader, so I had to show up. I dragged Kenneth with me to church, and since it was Palm Sunday we got palms at church. So Kenneth spent most of the service trying to tickle me and make me laugh. The service was beautiful, and so marked the beginning of Holy Week.
After that we went and got Sonic for lunch! Then followed by a few errands; went to Target to get a new nude bra! After that we went to a few other stores, Bed Bath and Beyond (because I am obsessed with that store).
That evening we went to youth group, to hear my juniors give their sermons for the May 1st. The sermons where good, and going to be better by May 1st. The boys where given pizza for their written sermons. I was so impressed with the boys and their sermons!
Monday, Kenneth and I had a very lazy morning. Of course, Brandy (the dog) wakes up at 6:30, and wants to go out then. Which is fine, I have managed to get out of bed and let her out. Kenneth and I got up at ten, and had mimosas! Plus I cooked some sausage and some Ore-Ida potatoes! Breakfast was yummy! After that we went and ran a few more errands (one of which was to get the perfect shoes); and my apartment!
For dinner, I cooked baked potatoes and (for the first time ever) steak! The meal was super yummy! I was very impressed with myself! However, not much else happened!
Today, Kenneth left and went to work (sad face) and I had work today also! Work was slightly boring (I did not take my medicine last night so my allergies were kicking my butt today) and I had a headache. However, I did give "two" tours today. The first tour was a pretty house tour (and I mean it is a pretty house). The second was to a very nice couple from Chicago, who were visiting Virginia for Garden Week.
However, I now have a day off tomorrow! Wahoo! I am super excited to be lazy all day tomorrow! After tomorrow, I will have a busy week. Thursday, I need to clean the house and all that jazz; plus I have a lunch date with a friend from Longwood; then Maundy Thursday service. Friday I have work, then Good Friday service; plus my mother is coming into town. Saturday, my mother (and maybe boyfriend) and I will be hanging out all day and then Easter Vigil service that night! Then Sunday, I have Easter service then "lunch" at a family friend's house! By "lunch" I mean, like fifty people over for a lot of food and good times! Then I am off to Winchester until Tuesday. Very busy, but very fun days!
No comments:
Post a Comment