Friday, April 29, 2011

Debating

Okay friends, so I am debating something and I need people's opinions (please).

I am debating going gluten free.  NOT because I have coeliac disease (which means someone is allergic to wheat and gluten products); but I have heard that people who go on a gluten free diet loss weight, have more energy, and etc.  I have done a little bit of research; mostly with WebMD and their Gluten Intolerance: Against the Grain.  Of course, I know I should consult my doctor before starting a diet plan.

I mean I know going gluten free means good-bye to pasta (which I am ADDICTED to), bread, crackers, beer (which I will miss), cakes and cookies, and all other types of things.

However, I do not think I will become completely gluten free; I mean not being allergic to it means I can have it whenever I would like.  So maybe I could allow myself gluten once a week or something?  I mean, I know what it is like to go without something: I am allergic to shell fish.  The allergy vigorously showed itself when I was eighteen, however it had been around a little before.  I have been to the allergist twice, the first to be told I was allergic and the second to be told the allergy had gotten worse (even after two years of not having any shellfish).  It has been almost six years since I have had shell fish and I miss it everyday.  When my mother and I go get sushi, I envy her and her choices of sushi.  I also envy my friends who talk about eating shellfish, and think nothing of it.  I mean I would love to eat some; I would die to eat some.  I have figured out the best way to get some shell fish: I will go to Martin's or some grocery store and get some steamed shrimp, check myself into the Emergency Room, tell them to wait a few minutes to treat me, eat a few shrimp, shove the EPI pen in my leg and have then let the doctors treat me.  However, I realize that since allergies get worse as you get older; there is no good luck in that happening.  Now, someone did tell me that your body resets itself after every seven years; and after asking a few nurses, I found out that, that was a FALSE alert.  I was slightly disappointed (sad face here).

So here is a slideshow I found about being Gluten Free from WebMD.


So please readers, let me know what you think!!  I need other input

No comments:

Post a Comment