Good Monday blog friends! Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Mine was pretty awesome. Kenneth took off Thursday, so we got a REALLY long weekend together! Thursday he spent curled up under the covers with a headache. However, we did get in a few hours at the pool before he looked at me and said "I think I'm burnt, we need to go in." I of course laughed, I just could not help it! We went dancing that evening, after our pretty cool dinner of roasted salmon with roasted summer squash and potatoes!
Friday, I "woke up" and felt like crap. I spent most of the day in bed, passed out. Kenneth decided to take a run, a 6 mile run. After I felt better, we just laid around and had a lazy day.
Saturday, was just another lazy day also. I mean, we planned to go to the lake and play around; yet we decided to be lazy. It was relaxing. We went to Sam's Club, and enjoyed a little shopping trip. We bought some steaks to marinate for Sunday dinner!
Sunday, I had to work; but it was not too bad. However, once I got home the issue started. Let me explain, there are two sets of steps to get to my apartment 1) are three cement steps right off the parking area and 2) are the wooden steps that are right at my apartment and lead up to the door. Also, let me preface this by saying, I do like snakes; as long as they are boxed up and behind glass. So, when I came home from work last night, I was walking across the parking lot and heading for the steps; yet when I got to the bottom step I stopped, something yellow caught my eye. Yup, sure enough it was a snake. It was chilling in the sun enjoying the heat. It stared at me and I let out a yelp! I just could not help myself. I walked around the steps and the bushes near it, up to the other steps; then sprinted up them and into my door. The minute I got in, I let out a scream and scared Kenneth (who had just gotten in also, but a few minutes before me). I told me what happened, and he laughed at me. I of course wanted to call my mother, but she was not picking up. Needless to say, it was an unbelievable event. I mean, I live in an apartment complex, super close to Broad and 64. I mean, I would believe I would see a snake at my mom's (and have), but not at my apartment.
(Okay, I would attach a picture; yet I know it would freak out my mom if she read it! Yes, your welcome mom!)
Well, at least our dinner last night was to DIE for! Our steak had marinated for over 24 hours, in some A-1 and red wine. Besides that, we wrapped it in bacon; and roasted it in the oven for a bit before finishing it off on the stove top. We also had whipped potatoes with sour cream, shredded cheese, butter and half&half. Plus, some roasted asparagus and a salad! Our dinner was AWESOME! I hate to brag, but yeah; we rock! I mean, I must admit I do not really eat steak; but man it was good!
So I am a little sad the weekend, is over; but it's all good I know this week will be fun too!
No comments:
Post a Comment