Saturday, July 9, 2011

Oh the joys of dance

So hi friends, sorry I have been MIA (just been busy).

So, Wednesday I did not do much.  I had a lot of things to do in my apartment, but did not leave it.  I must admit, it was a slightly boring day.

Thursday, I went to see Sophie.  She is still kicking and being just as vocal as ever.  So, I thought I was going to be a good girlfriend since Kenneth got off work at 5; and have dinner ready when he got up here so we could eat before dance.  Yet, he was a bad boyfriend and took too long at the verizon store.  So I had dinner alone, roasted summer squash and red potatoes with pasta salad!  YUMMY!!!  After that I met him at dance, for a Beginner 1 Rhumba then dance party.  It was loads of fun, however we did not stay the whole time because he was sleepy.

Yesterday, we did nothing.   I mean we had such a lazy day it was great.  Kenneth normally hates to have lazy days, but he could not even remember the last time he had a lazy day; so I gladly agreed to be lazy too!  We had my leftover dinner for brunch with coffee, and yes it was still good.  We just laid around and enjoyed each other's company until we realized we had a 6:45 private dance lesson in Charlottesville (an hour away).  Of course we realized it at like 5:45, that we needed to leave at like 5:30.  Yikes!  Also, like every time we go to C-ville it rains; and by rains I mean it pours.  So driving there was a bit of an issue, since people could not bother to do the speed limit nor put on their lights.  So of course, we could have made it in the 45 minutes; however it took over an hour.  Oh well, our lesson was awesome and we had a lot of fun!  For dinner we went to Cheeseburger in Paradise; Kenneth's favorite restaurant!  Oh yes, it was awesome!  I have always enjoyed our visits, we have frequented the one in Charlottesville three times now; and the one in Newport News once.  I must say, I enjoyed them a lot too!  After that we went back to the studio, Terry Dean's Dance Studio, for their dance party!  The party was nice, lots of good music and food; however I was the youngest person, at the ripe old age of 23.  It was weird to be the youngest one, but tons of fun!

Today, we went to the Hanover County Tomato Festival to support Rigby's Jig.  However, it took an hour and a half to get there (according to the map, it should have taken thirty minutes).  Let's just say traffic was a PAIN!!!  So we did miss the dancing, but we walked around for about an hour looking at all the stands.  It was okay, not the best festival but still okay.  For dinner tonight, we had salmon marinated in some Wildtree Hickory grapeseed oil and some Wildtree Slow Cooker sauce.  Plus, some Wildtree alfredo with pasta and a salad.  Yumm!!  Tonight, we did not do much except take it easy.

So that is all for now.  Tomorrow I head up to Winchester to see my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment