So today I had lunch with a "cousin."
This cousin I guess is my mother's cousin, which makes her my 2nd cousin. She is the daughter of my grandmother's sister.
My cousin, lives in Elizabeth City, North Carolina.
We met at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (a group of her friends had come up for the Picasso exhibit. She emailed me on Monday to see if we could met up. We have not seen each other since I was a baby (about two years old, or younger).
Lunch was good, we went to the Best Cafe at the museum. The food was good, I had a fruit cup and a bowl of Southwest Chili. It was a bit crowded, a school group was there also.
After lunch, we walked around talking. It is hard to catch up over twenty years in an hour, but we tried.
I now have another invitation to visit family (my others are to Atlanta and Raleigh). Oh I think I will be traveling a lot in my future!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment