Okay, so today was the day! I have been a nervous hen, waiting for her eggs to hatch (the youth service). Today was my church's youth Sunday! Let's just say I was more nervous for this day, than to get into college (yes, I am serious). I have had nightmares about the two boys who were preaching, both getting up there to give their sermons and freezing up, looking at me, and saying "um, I forgot everything we've talked about what do I do?" Yes, this nightmare has been a huge complaining issue to me.
So yes, the service went off without a hitch! I was so grateful to all who helped get the service ready; such as the other youth leaders, Boo and Jim Smythe and Anne Kirchmier, all the parents of the amazing kids in my youth group, all of the wonderful kids themselves and also everyone in the church for supporting our kids in their awesome service!
I must say, I was so happy to have the support of the congregation there today; besides parents sitting there. I also enjoyed all the parents who do not normally attend being their to support their kids. I hope that this has sparked other kids (youth group age) to attend, and for future kids to stick around and join (when they are old enough)!
After church, I had time to run home and change to go to Arts in the Park in Byrd Park with a friend of mine from school. It was loads of fun, lots of things to see. We did not see everything, which is a bit sad (but we had a time crunch, and of course spent a lot of time hunting for each other). I meet up with another friend from Hampden-Sydney. After the "window shopping," I got a ride in my friend's mustang (and I must say, it was NICE)!
I made business card's for my mother's jewelry website (two sets) - both are SUPER cute! I love them both (obviously, since I designed them)!
That's about it! I hope everyone else had a great Sunday! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment