Thursday, May 26, 2011

Homemade egg rolls = pretty much not a success

So last night for dinner I decided to make homemade egg rolls to go along with my salmon and couscous!  I thought I had it all figured out: egg roll wrappers, chicken, pre-cut cabbage and carrot mix (the ready to make coleslaw bag) and a bowl of water (to seal the rolls up).  Well, I started out cooking my chicken in the pan (did okay, nothing wrong there); yet Kenneth wanted to fry the egg rolls instead of steaming them (I wanted to do that).  So, I put some oil in another frying pan and dropped two in.  Well, let's just say I should not be allowed to fry anything.  Kenneth finally put oil in a pot and dropped them in for me.  So, Our egg rolls had cooked chicken and a little bit of cabbage/carrot mixture; I could not roll them super tight, which was annoying.

For the most part, while eating them; they were good.  I put duck sauce on them.  Kenneth put some raspberry dressing on his.  They were about an inch around and three inches long.  They kind of reminded me a toilet paper roll (when it is done) - yes I know that sounds gross, but that's about the size (it is only a size reference here).

However, last night my stomach and I did not agree at all.  I spent a good amount of time in the bathroom (insert sad face here).  I did not sleep well either.  I just laid awake a lot, listening to Kenneth snore.  Yet, after a while, I realized neither one of us was sleeping; but too tired to admit we were awake.  However, I must have fallen asleep because Kenneth took a shower; and I had no idea.

So yes, even though I tried to be adventurous and cook something new; I am not sure it was a good idea (insert another sad face now).

No comments:

Post a Comment