Monday, May 16, 2011

My weekend...

So, Friday Kenneth and I went down to the James River so he could participate in the MGD 64 Filthy 5k Mud Run!  Our registration was from 4-6, and since Kenneth insisted that we take one car down there for parking - we did not get there until almost 6.  The run was at 6 (obviously we were a little late).  I had to register for the photography contest, which was the shortest line (thank god); however, I had Kenneth's phone, wallet and everything - and poor Kenneth needed his license to register.  Luckily I found him, so we stood in line waiting; and I was trying to figure out why my camera was not working properly.  If you look at the previous post, you will see pictures of the weekend (mostly what Kenneth did).  After the run (which he finished in 33min) he went to clean off in the river using the tire swing (if you have ever been down to the river at Brown Island, it is there).  I was a little worried about him dropping into the water, but all was well.  After he was finished cleaning off, we decided to go have dinner.  We went to one of our favorite restaurants, O'Charley's.  I got salmon and fries, he got some philly steak and fries.  We also had a coupon for a free appitiezer (which was very nice).

Saturday we went to my breakfast meeting at Mc Lean's Resturant.  The meeting was good, it was for my youth group.  After that we came back to my apartment for a nap before we went downtown.  We drove back towards the river, and got a good parking spot again (in a parking deck, but still it was nice).  We watched the kayak rapid racing, then some air dog jumps, then bike tricks then finally boldering.  It was tons of fun, Kenneth tried out a paddle boat (which he really liked) and I won tickets to Kings Dominion!!  We also got lots of cool things, Kenneth bought us both a bag of Chia Seeds.  My friend, Colleen who's blog is The Lunchbox Diaries, was talking about them one day.  I tried them with Mango juice (since I do not like yogurt), Kenneth tried the mango juice and also the yogurt (I took a taste, and my facial expression made all the guys laugh).  Hopefully today, I will try my first serving of Chia Seeds!  After being downtown, we ran home so I could go to my roommate's recital.  I realized, I had only had a funnel cake for "lunch" so I stopped by Chick-Fil-A for dinner (it was worth it).  It was a lot of fun, and pretty costumes!  Way to go roomie!!! :)

Sunday, I had a full day: church, work then youth group.  Church was lots of fun, however the service was a bit long and made me late for work.  Work was very stressful, in a sense, since we have a LivingSocial deal that expires tomorrow - so many people came in with it, and I was getting a headache from our new terrace not having any shade and being so bright.  Also we had a huge cub scout group come in, which were so loud.  So yes, work was long.  After work, I had to run back up towards church, for youth group.  It was our last official meeting, where the kids could come together and have a great time with great food.  We all had a lot of fun, and I am so grateful for my kids!

Once I got home, my mom started to text me about her cat Christina (who was preggers) and she thought Teeny was in labor.  So I started to Google items to find out; and sure enough she was.  Teeny had three kittens by the time my mom and I got off our hour and a half long phone call past midnight.  She had one more in the night.  So, Teeny is now the proud mother of four kittens (if you would like a kitten, please let me know - we would prefer to give them up as sets, though).

So, yes I had a very full weekend!!  But so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment