Friday, May 13, 2011

Graduation...

So, I realize that tomorrow is Longwood University's graduation.  I also, realize that as of May 8th: I have been a college alumna for one whole year.  I mean HOLY CRAP!  I really cannot believe it has been over a year.

I realize though, that being accepted to the University of Richmond's School of Continuing Studies program that in theory I will have another graduation up ahead of me.  However, since I will be ending my school in the summer; I will probably not attend graduation (we will see).

I have loved graduations since I was a little girl.  The idea, of walking across the stage, staking hands and getting that piece if paper = excitement!!!  I decided when I graduated from high school, I would allow myself one present to myself, from myself for my achievement.  For high school, I decided to buy myself a Coach bag.  I used my senior skip day, to drive up to Hagerstown, West Virginia to the outlets.  I purchased my first bag, with money I had saved up through the year and a very nice coupon.  I was super excited to spend less than $100 on the bag.  The bag is black with a white interior (plastic) with the black Coach "C"s written on it.  The handles are cloth with blue leather.  The only thing I do not like about the bag, is that it is small.  The bag holds, my wallet and a phone (that's about it); however I love the bag!



For college graduation, I decided to buy another bag.  I figured I deserved it, I bought it the Monday of Senior Week.  I love this bag, it is big enough to carry a lot; yet I hate that it has white areas.  The bag, also cost me less than $100.  The bag is very practical, and very cute!  Let's just say, if one can be in love with an inanimate object; then I am!


I must say, I have spent less than $200 for two bags that well over $600 together.  When I was home the other day, and my mother and I went to the Leesburg Outlets; we did stop in the Coach store (smiley face here, please)!  That is when it finally clicked, that in the summer of 2012; I could get another bag!  I smiled and thought about it; while my mother walked around gawking at prices and bitching at her phone (the issues were not really related, but too funny to not point out)!  I did see a very cute messenger bag, which was on sale for 50% off and I got a coupon for 30% off = 80% off, which equals the bag being like $87!!!  Talk about a huge price cut, since the bag was like $250 to begin with.  I of course left the bag at the store; since I have not graduated, I do not feel like I deserve it.  We will see by the end of Summer 2012 which bag I pick out.  And do not worry, it will be less than $100; including a coupon and sale item!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment