Hey friends, happy Tuesday. I hope everyone is having a great day so far. I know people up in DC are excited about the space shuttle flying above their heads!!! So far today has been good, cannot really complain; except that my cat tried to (and did succeed) in attacking my foot while it was under the covers but off the bed. It kind of hurt. Dang cat!!!
Okay, so the post title is of course about the past Saturday. In Richmond there is this great little brewery called
Legend, and awhile ago (by like a few months) I bought a
LivingSocial promotion for it. Of course it expires in a few weeks, and I work every Saturday until then. Plus they give a tour at 1 on Saturdays (hence why I wanted to go then).
So we got there a bit early, so we lounged at the bar and enjoyed their 5oz sampler of beers.
There were 6 beers to sample (as you can tell from the picture). The Lager, Pilsner, Brown Ale, Porter, Golden IPA and the Pale Ale. The Porter has a chocolate and coffee taste. The Lager was the lightest and the best.
Eventually we went on the tour. Which was kind of comical to begin with, the tour guide was a robust fellow (who had had too much whiskey the night before), plus four older gentlemen in their mid-forties (give or take), and the whole fraternity of Phi Kappa Psi from VCU (or at least I am pretty sure it was them). Oh yeah, Kenneth and myself. Needless to say I felt out numbered in the sea of testosterone.
Alright if you check out their website and go the Brewery page, our tour guide is the one to the far right!!! Heck yeah!!! So the tour started, and it was TOTALLY different than a wine tour (which we take ALL the time).
 |
| The makings for Brown Ale (from left to right: hops, then tons of barley) |
Almost everyone tasted the stuff in the big bucket in the back (it was barley), I did not. It was a little too weird to stick my hand in the bucket. Too many germs.
 |
| Hops - flowers or pellets |
He said not to feed the pellets to your gerbil - not nice!!!
 |
| The start machine - or something like that |
It was hard to pay attention, I was concerned about getting a good view (being short and all it was hard).
 |
| Our tour guide |
 |
| Yeast farts |
 |
| A purifier and two versions of Brown Ale |
 |
| The sanitizer |
 |
| Keg!! |
In this machine (above) it can produce 80 kegs plus a few huge barrels.
 |
| Bottler - 200 per minute or something like that |
 |
| The view from lunch |
So it is near the river, and you can kind of see the river from the porch. But the view of the city is AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Okay, back to something productive (not like this is not, but with the exam tonight; I should do some more studying)!!
No comments:
Post a Comment