So why the sad post title? Well, because this post is a little sadder than usual.
A while ago (January 8, 2011) a good friend of mine dropped a bomb on me. She will be leaving her job in the middle of February. Yet two weeks later she sent a letter to say she was leaving on the 22nd.
This friend has been my priest for a while. We knew each other in Winchester, where she left to come down to the Richmond area. Now she leaves the Richmond area to go to Newport News. I "technically" followed her to Richmond, but I do not know if I can go to Newport News.
This friend, Anne, is one of my family's best friends. We have celebrated Christmas together for two years now, and Easter since I was a freshman in college. I drove to her church Easter morning, and surprised her; and ever since then we have all gone there!
Together at church we ran the Senior High Youth Group. So it was tough for me to continue, however I told my kids I would stay until they graduate (which is about two years from now). It is not that I do not love the kids coming up next fall, or the fall after that; but I started with these kids, so I will end with these kids (most likely). It is not definite that I will leave after two years, but I will at least stay for those two years.
I know a lot of people at my church were upset, hurt, mad and a whole other bunch of emotions; and I understand. It is hard to loose someone you know. Luckily since Anne and I were friends before she started there at church, we are able to keep our relationship; but most people at church are not. It puts me in an awkward position when I go to church because so many people know we are friends, and ask me about her, how she is doing, how she is feeling, etc. It is hard, because really what do I say??? I am not her, I do not have the same emotions that she does. I cannot truly answer for her, but she really cannot answer herself.
So who knows how it will all turn out, but I hope for the best; and of course now I get to drive to Newport News to see her (and my god-cat)!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment