Monday, April 9, 2012

Exciting Past Weekend!!

Hey friends, I hope you had a good Monday.  Mine was okay, started out realizing Kenneth was still at home when I woke up.  It kind of freaked me out, since I was not expecting him to be home.  He had today off, so we spent most of the morning together.  It was a nice relaxing morning, just being lazy!  Eventually I did have to go to work (yuck), but work was actually not that bad.  I had an easy day.

So Friday, lunch was at New York Deli.  I had never been there before, but it was good.  I ran into a few volunteers from the museum.  After lunch we went to Carytown Cupcakes, I ended up buying a half-dozen (boy they were delicious, I forgot a picture I am sorry).  Eventually I made it home, to find out Kenneth got a half-day at work.  Yipee!!  Around 5, my mom called to say that she was sitting in traffic (bumper to bumper), had been for hours and figured she would continue to be.  She arrived around 7, and we took off for dinner.  We went to a place in Carytown called Nacho Mama's.  We got a GREAT parking spot right out front, but the wait for the restaurant was a little long.  Dinner was good.  I had the triple enchilada, mom had a plain quesadila but I forgot what Kenneth had.  Eventually we made it home, and passed out.

Saturday, was a huge mix of food, shopping and total fun.  My morning started with like twenty text messages from my mom because I did not want to get out of bed.  Luckily, I finally got my butt moving and out the door.  We literally drove up Broad St. in Richmond, knocking out shops along the way.  We started out at Weight Watchers, mom had to weigh in.  After that we hit up DSW, and five shoe boxes later; we walked out the door.  Right next door was Dollar Tree, where mom had to buy some grass for the Easter baskets (and the baskets too).  The next block over was Bed Bath & Beyond, which resulted in LOTS of more money being spent.  Lunch was at Thai Flavor, which was AWESOME.  I had the chicken bbq and mom had a soup thing of some sort (she was surprised it was hot, not cold).  Ulta came next, with me getting my brows done; and other assorted shopping.  Pedicures were after that!!!  It seems like every time my mom comes to visit we get pedis!!  Not like I am complaining or anything!  Target and the grocery store were the last two stops for the night.

For dinner, we had short ribs with rice!!  While watching Hop!!!  It was a great night!

Sunday, was a VERY early morning but SUPER worth it for the candy I got from the Easter Bunny!!!  Mom got a few extra things, but she's worth it!!  We all hopped in the cars, to head to church with a SLIGHT detour along the way: STARBUCKS!!!!!!!  I treated everyone to Starbucks, and completely enjoyed my drink on our way to church.  Church was a nice service.  After that we watched the little kids enjoy the Easter egg hunt, and loved the coffee hour.

We eventually drove up to the farm, for lunch.  We took a dessert, the blondie cake batter brownie!!!  Lunch was a hogpodge of lamb, ham, catfish, scalloped potatoes, salads, TOTALLY amazing home-made dinner rolls; and of course dessert.  I wish I had taken a picture of the food, but I left my camera in my purse up at the car.  The pavilion is not close to the car, but it is worth it!  We were in great company,  with friends and family from church!

Kenneth eventually went out on the lake in the kayak.  While I enjoyed hanging out with the girls, making jewelry and rolling up yarn/silk yard (do not ask, it was interesting making an "onion" for Amy)!  We stayed a much longer time than expected, but it was worth it.  By the time we were leaving, mom was getting home (it takes her close to three hours to drive home).

Well friends, off to watch some television!  Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment