Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I Finally Understand Why People Run...

... for the free stuff!!!

A few weeks ago (March 31st), Richmond had the Monument Avenue 10K!!!  This race is HUGE.  Close to 41,000 people ran or walked the event.  The expo. was just as huge.

My work (the museum), got to help out the Sports Backers at their booth during the expo. and I volunteered to work a shift.  We were promoting the Go! Discovery Richmond walk on May 5th.  So for volunteering I got a cool new shirt and the chance to see some pretty strange characters.

After my shift, I borrowed a bid from a fellow co-worker and got a bag.  These bags are super cute, and convenient.  I used the bag to run around the expo. to all the booths and get a TON of free stuff.

I promise I do have pictures, but I am at work right now and my computer and camera are at home.  Plus my camera cord is kind of missing right now.  Well not really missing but misplaced.

So now friends, I have decided I will figure out how to run, and take up running as a hobby.  I think it could be tons of fun, and plus all the free stuff is pretty cool.  Now I totally understand people's talk about expos!

No comments:

Post a Comment