Sunday, May 6, 2012

Welp I Caved

Hey friends, happy Sunday.

A lot has happened since my last post.

Friday (seems like so long ago), I took off work because my mom was coming into town and we could spend some time together.  We started in Carytown with some baby shopping for my co-worker and partner-in-cupcake-eating-crime is preggers, and I said I would go shopping for my other co-workers and I.  Totally fun!!!  I got her so many cute things, but I cannot post them 1. they are gift wrapped (and I am not undoing them to post pictures) and 2. she cannot know yet (Friday is her shower, so I will have pictures then).  My mom wondered off to the bead store across the street, and I realized I could have driven off and left her for hours and she would really have no idea (yes, the idea did pass my mind).  I think the people working there thought we were weird, but we are; so what!
Lunch was at Outback Steakhouse.  Yum!  We split a bloomin' onion and I got their lunch combo: caesar salad and chicken quesadilla.  Again YUM!  Of course my eyes were bigger than my stomach, so I brought home leftovers.  We drove down Broad (well not really down, but west - you get the idea) to DSW (yes, every time she comes to visit we go there).  I was good, I did not buy one pair of shoes.  I only tried on two.  She tried on like five, but bought one.  Improvement!
By this point, we went to get pedicures.  We go to the same place every time, and my mom actually got the same lady again.  My toes are a cute coral color now (a little different than the normal pink - but not too much)!  Starbucks and their half-price frappuccinos are a killer; so of course I needed one!!!  I got the Mocha Cookie Crumble, and boy was it yum!!!  It lasted all of like fifteen minutes, and so worth the brain freeze.
For dinner we drove up to the farm.  Kenneth beat us up there, but they whatever.  We had an awesome dinner of smoked salmon, roasted potatoes, and green beans.  Yum!!!  Luckily there was tons of wine (like always) and afterwards, tea.  The tea they have is AMAZING.  I could and probably would drink it ALL the time.  You can only order it online from Boston (unless you are lucky enough to live there or travel there frequently).  I plan on ordering some, soon.

Saturday we woke up (me at some un-Godly hour of 6am) and headed out to brunch.  We went to Baker's Crust, and it was really good.  For me not being a breakfast food person, I enjoyed it.  I got sausage gravy biscuits, mom got some frittata, and Kenneth got some omelet.  Obviously I payed close attention.  We drove to Byrd Park for Arts in the Park.  I went last year for the first time, and thought it was super cool.  Tons of vendors and of course lots of art.  We spent close to four hours walking around looking at art.  Kenneth dropped up off at the apartment, and mom started working on our Christmas present: new slip covers for the cushions on the couch.  I LOVE them!  They are a red plaid and no longer are itchy.  The old fabric was just too much.
Of course while she sewed, I read.  Yes, I finished the third book already.  Like literally in like seven hours.  Oh I just could not put it down.  So I am totally wanting to talk about it to someone.  My mom started to read the first book, and made it to have like six chapters left or something (needless to say, she took the set home with her).  Looks like I am buying a new set for myself.  Though she did leave me her tablet thing to read a book on.  Since she has the Kindle App. and not the actual hardback of the book.
For dinner, we went to a nearby Mexican restaurant.  Of course pulling into the place I spotted a familiar car: my boss's!!  He and his friends had been out on the river, so they kind of smelled (a LOT); but I said hi and hugged them.  They had pretty much drank dinner, but then I was about to.  I got two huge margaritas and some queso dip (oh yeah, and some chicken and rice dish thing).  Too bad I did not really eat much of my meal, but downed the drinks in seconds (thanks to the world's greatest invention: straws)!!!
I finished the book around 11pm last night.  Damn it was good.  So for anyone out there who is looking for something to read, get it (now of course be aware, it is full of sex - but worth it)!

This morning I was up again at some un-Godly hour.  Yet this time, it was on purpose.  Mom and i were driving to Newport News to visit our friend Anne.  It has been a surprise we have been setting up for over a month now.  Of course I had done my homework about driving distance and all that; but NO, Kenneth said it would take two hours so we left at 8 (church is at 10).  Yeah, it took the CORRECT time of just a little over an hour and fifteen.  Welp, mom and I were there super early; and sat in the parking lot for what seemed like an eternity (well not really, but it was a long time).  I of corse was gloating that I was right and mom should have listened to me!!!
After church we went to her new apartment, it is super cute.  My god-cat Tunney paid attention to me.  Like I thought hell had frozen over or something, it was a miracle.  We had lunch, and then departed by 1.
Once back, we packed her all up; and I lost it.  I have had a lot going on right now, emotionally, and I just could not contain it.  So we ended up talking for an hour about it all.  Trying to get me set in the right direction.  It is good having a mom somedays (j/k I love her)!!!
Eventually we both hit the road, her home and me to youth group.  My youth group tonight was AWESOME like always!!  We had a great meeting and I cannot wait to see them in a few weeks!!!

Now I am home, trying to figure a bunch of stuff out.  So let's see how it goes!!  Till tomorrow friends! Love, J!

No comments:

Post a Comment