Saturday, May 5, 2012

I might be addicted...

... just a little bit!

Hey friends, happy Saturday morning (yes, I said morning there)!!!  I have been awake since 6 today, for no reason.  So I figured I would get a jump on the blogging thing for today.

So the title of this post is kind of funny... I am addicted to reading.  I mean, I really love to do it.  Yet when school kicks in, I truly loose all time to free read.  Well the other day, say Monday I was out near Short Pump at the Barnes & Noble; and I saw the book that really has people talking, Fifty Shades of Grey.


Half way there
So close to being done
Little did I know it was a series, and almost bought book 3 first (that would have been a killer mistake).

I bought it.  Call it an impulse buy.  Call is on a whim.  I bought it.

I got it home that night, after work and read the first chapter in like ten minutes.  It was that enticing to me.  Finally I had to put it down to make dinner that night (hamburgers and a salad).  Yet I did not pick it up until Tuesday.

I finished it at 4am on Thursday morning (or late Wednesday night, depending on how you look at the clock).  I mean I was shocked at the ending, and even madder at myself for only buying the first one at the store.

Luckily Thursday morning (actual morning) I had a Barre class to attend, and after that ran to Barnes & Noble again and bought the other two.



I read the second book in little over 9 hours.  I started when I got home (around 11), read until I had to go to work, could not read at work (roughly 3 hours), then read until midnight.  Yup, around 9 hours.  I mean, I was hooked.

Even Kenneth started to read book 1.  Little did I know he was a slow reader, or I am just really fast.  Yet, he is reading; slow and steady.  Hey, I wonder if he is retaining more than me??? Hmmm???

So, yes I have slacked off reading book 3.  Only because my mother came into town yesterday and we hung out, did some shopping and got pedicures.  Followed by dinner at the farm, which of course was amazing.

I figure I will read book three Sunday night to Monday morning.  We shall see!!!

Also my other obsession reading about is William and Kate.  Now I will admit, when I was a little girl I wanted to marry William!  I mean, what young American girl did not want to marry a prince???  I thought he was just the cutest thing ever!!!  I also will admit, I was sad when he proposed to Kate (my hopes and dreams where dashed - of course it had nothing to do with the fact that I have never met him, but I know if we met he would fall in love with me)!!!  Yet now that they are married, I am so fascinated by them.  The day of their wedding I stayed up all night watching it on television, ever thing I could find.  So now of course since it has been a year, I am buying all the magazines about them!  Yes, I want them to have a cute little child; but still I wish I could meet him!!!

Well friends, that is all for now; off to shower and hit the day running!!!  Lots of plans for today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment