Sunday, May 13, 2012

We went on a date!!

Hey friends.  Yeah, so the title of this post is super funny; since we really do not go on dates.  I mean, it is an odd thing.  So last night, our movie adventure really was a date!

The CineBistro was very nice.  We were on the back row, which was okay (good view of the theater and everyone else).  Since we had never been, and were going late we decided not to really get dinner; but I caved and got some popcorn chicken.  I was fascinated that it came out with not just the little chicken pieces but also some popcorn.  People all around us were ordering meals, and of course drinks.

We each got one drink!  I got Alice's Wonderland and he got the Watermelon Mojito.  Both drinks lasted the whole movie, since we were so intrigued by the movie it was hard to focus on the drinks.  His was half-way gone before the movie started, but I was too busy watching what everyone else got that I was not focused on the correct part of the experience (the drinking, obviously).  There were three guys in front of us who each ordered two drinks and one of them went out and got more during the show.

So I do not know if any of you have ever been to a movie theater like this.  It was nice.  The seats are in a love-seat kind of setting, which makes it intimate and cozy!  Plus they were leather or pleather (probably the later).  The menu was easy to read, and actually very appealing.  However the 17.2% gratuity added to the bill is a bit insane; but as our waiter pointed out it is split between all the servers that night.  Yet, they do not serve during the movie.  So if you want say another drink or more popcorn, you have to get out of your seat and go get it yourself.  I am not sure 17.2% is really worth it.

I enjoyed the movie, but since I know nothing about all the comics and have only seen Iron Man; it was kind of odd watching the movie.  Kenneth has at least some knowledge of the legends of Thor and Loki; plus he has seen the movies Thor and The Hulk.

Now I will admit, I do not really like scary movies with violence and all that jazz, but I do tolerate them.  So the movie last night had a LOT Of violence and killing.  I squirmed a lot and thought about hiding my eyes (more than once) but I was brave and did not!

So I do recommend this movie for anyone especially anyone who enjoys comics and mythology.  It is not really a date movie, unless you want to cuddle a lot!  Plus the story line was really good and did keep up with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment