Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Let's play catch up...

Hey friends!

So Friday I had to work, but Kenneth was off.  It was kind of ironic that I had to leave for work and he was still laying around.  We truly did a flip-flop.  Luckily for me, work was not too bad; and it was AMAZING when a Starbucks Frappaccino showed up for me!!  Yes, Kenneth brought me one to work!  Now of course, my kids were either trying to steal my drink or asking me about my "husband."  Oh yes, these little kids think I am married.  Oh too funny!  Well, I mean I am the only one at work who is not married, engaged or close to it.  So yes, my kids had fun asking me about my husband and also spending time spying on him.

Saturday already has its own post.  Except I forgot to mention that our air conditioner was acting up, and by acting up I mean not working at all.  The temp. was set for 70, it read 90.  Yes, something was wrong. So I put in a work order, and the guy said he did not know what to do.  Luckily he brought us a portable air conditioner to help.  Thank god for that.


 Of course our apartment does not have any doors until the end of the hall, so we improvised and made our own wall.  Yes, it is a sheet; and two thumb-tacks.  It was actually ingenious, and worked.  The living room/dining room area (which can be seen here), actually kept cold-ish.  Yet, the back side of the apartment was HOTTT!!!  I mean opening a window in the back rooms was like realizing it was colder outside than in (and it was close to 90 this weekend down here).
So yes, we slept on the living room floor with pillows and not even a sheet over us.  The air conditioned area came down to around 75 in the night; but started climbing quickly.

Sunday, was the best day ever.  I got to wake up and not worry about going somewhere.  This day was truly enjoyed and loved!  I mean yes, I work only in the afternoon mostly, and my workout classes or doctor's appointments are in the mornings; but it does mean I have to truly get up and worry about the clock.  So I enjoyed just laying around and not working about running out the door.  Of course, the portable ac was working, but not enough.  It still read at 86, and so at that point we went to Sweet Frog's for a bit.  For dinner I made manwich and homemade fries.  Yum!  Yet for dessert, I had...


Oh yeah, it was good night!!!  While out getting our fro-yo, we stopped by the grocery store to get some milk for Kenneth and I picked up a few movies from Redbox.  I did not know their prices went up to $1.20 a movie; geeze!  So we rented Happy Feet 2, Puss in Boots and Pirates 4.  We had seen Pirates before, a LONG time ago; but all three were really good!

Monday I worked at the museum for a few hours; and then got to lounge around!  Work was BORING and annoying.  We had a bus tour take off at 10, which was fine.  Yet no other customers came in until around 12:30.  Brian and I stood around and stared at each other; and our docent read anything she could get her hands on.  After work I went home, took a nap and then eventually went back to the grocery store to return the movies and get dinner.  I got a DiGorno's pizza with wings and also some cheesy breadsticks!  Yum!!!

Yesterday was back to normal, I took a barre class in the morning and then worked in the afternoon.  I have a feeling this week is going to drag on at work.  Oh well, work is money; money is needed!

Well friends, off to get ready for work and try to make the best out of today.  This weather down here is not the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment