Friday, did not do much; cleaned my room and organized a bunch of items! Kenneth came up late that night; and it was nighty night soon afterwards. I was technically in bed, doing sudoku puzzles; but so ready to pass out!
Saturday was the big day!!! I was heading back to Farmville!!! (EEK!!!!) So the game plan was to leave by like 10, however like always I am lazy so we got out of bed around 10!! Of course the coffee had to happen before we left the door, so my wonderful Keurig was put to good use! The drive down was different than any other, even before I went to Longwood. The drive was just as "boring" as normal, except for the other drivers on the road. It took us a little over an hour to get into town, and of course I spent most of it on the phone with friends making plans!!! Once we got there, we went to the Appomattox River Company to look at kayaks. We both found the best kayak for ourself, however they are both super expensive (mine is around $650, his is close to $900). Hot dang dog, we were not expecting them to be so expensive. We will be going back, or since we know which ones we want we can Google them! My kayak is a Venture Kayak and Kenneth's is a LiquidLogic Kayak.
After that we went to the Longwood Student Union, for the Big Event was going on. A lot of my S.E.A.L.s were participating, so I was hoping to see a bunch of them then! I got to see a few, and by then my grand and I had already decided to do dinner at Macado's that night! So other S.E.A.L.s got invited, and plans were made! After that, we went to La Parota for lunch, since Kenneth was starving. Oh, the fun little mexican restaurant which has pictures of people's birthday shots!!! (Yes, when I turned 21 I did go and get my picture taken, while taking my shot!) We left mexico and went to Lancer Park to visit another friend, and see the rugby tournament. I do not understand rugby but it's okay! I hung out with my friend Ashlee for a few hours, while Kenneth sat in the car (since it was cold). After that we went to the gym, the place I spent like two whole years of my life. It was good to see a bunch of friends, and realize that I have graduated. I mean, I wore my Longwood Alumni sweatshirt (but I did not think about it when I put it on). It was just so weird to be back at "my school" yet it was not my school anymore. Realizing, I have "grown up" is scary.
![]() |
| Myself, my Grand, and my Mentee |
Sunday, we woke up at a decent hour; however we could not go anywhere yet because I needed to write my sermon for youth group. Kenneth and I went around to different stores just looking around. We went to Bass Pro Shop, REI and Tropical Smoothie! At REI we tried on FiveFingers (and I feel in LOVE, however I could not justify buying a ninety dollar pair of shoes - shucks)!!! After Kenneth and I said good bye, he drove home and I went to youth group. At youth group, we had a great meeting. Our junior boys gave their sermons and got their criticism from the other kids; and I also gave my sermon. I realized though that I put work into my sermon, I did research for it, I wrote down what I was going to say - both boys walkup, and just talked. I was shocked that that happened, and that both sermons where actually good. I mean I know we have been talking about this lesson for a while, but I mean I was impressed and sad that both boys did not write anything and had good sermons. I felt like my sermon was more like a term paper (being a college graduate and all), but mine had facts and quotes unlike the boys who just talked. Then our kids were challenged to a game of volleyball against the middle schoolers; I have no idea who won or anything.
After youth group, I talked to my friend Anne (the other senior high youth leader) about a bunch of random things; and then got in my car and headed North. I came back to Winchester last night, got here around 10pm and was in bed by 11! Ha - yeah, I was super tired. Of course, being in Winchester means that my two labs sleep with me (and by with me, I mean on me); and with two dogs I also got three cats last night too. What a crowded queen bed it was last night. We all stayed up to enjoy Netflix (well Barnabas, a dog, was already snoring before his head hit the bed) but all the rest of us were wide awake (mostly I was awake defending my phone and computer from cats wanting to bite them).
![]() |
| My hair right now, straight |
Of course, since I am home I have "chores" to do for my mother. I am glad she got a housekeeper, so cleaning is not really the chore (since there are so many allergens in her house that react with me); but most of the chores are fun and need to be done so I do not mind (however, since she told me I need to "clean out the refrigerator" this might be an issue). So we'll see, I'll keep everyone posted on how the "cleaning" is going!!!
Until the next time! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment