Friday, March 18, 2011

The End of Winter and the Change in Altitude

Oh Hello Spring!!  It is great to see you again!  I am so glad winter is leaving and won't have to see it again for a few good LONG months!  The weather today is so beautiful.  This weather is perfect porch drinking, grilling dinner weather!!!  Too bad I do not have porch furniture, however it is on the list of things I want.

Speaking of porches, what exactly is a porch?  Kenneth and I had this argument last night and his opinions are: porches are closed in, balconies are what I have (being a few feet up), and decks are on the ground.  Well by that opinion, I have a balcony and would then like balcony furniture.

Realizing that spring is so close, means that summer is here!  Oh bring on the beautiful sun, wonderful weather and baseball season.  Oh, not living in Farmville anymore means going to baseball games was free and I knew who pretty much everyone was on the team; now living in Glen Allen, I plan on attending a few Richmond Flying Squirrels games.  However, I did check out their roster, and boy oh boy do they have some cute guys!!!!

It is too funny that Kenneth hates baseball; and I am realizing that I hate rock climbing.  The idea of climbing and falling is not exactly high on my list of things I want to do in life.  Kenneth loves rock climbing, and I love baseball!  So, at least we have something that is just our own.  Though, Kenneth gets running and playing with motor-vehicles.

Peak Experience
A few weeks ago, Kenneth and I went to Peak Experience Indoor Climbing Center, located in Midlothian.  When we were there, we took the beginning belay class together; and last night I took my test.  I passed with flying colors, and now have a two-week free membership.  Except I have realized that rock climbing and I are probably not going to be the best for friends.  The walls go up to fifty feet tall, with lots of different levels.  Scott (one of Kenneth's brothers) went rock climbing with us yesterday, Kenneth and Scott are both close to or on level 9 or 10.  Both guys have mastered the art of climbing, well mastered the art of trying to run up the walls.  I am on the P level, which stands for "Party": the easiest level there is.  My only issue with climbing is not really the difficulty of climbing itself, it is the height.  I really cannot get over how tall I will be climbing.  I try to climb twenty-five feet walls, though the guys love all the walls.
Though, the gym has an area called "bouldering" which is pretty much climbing on a smaller scale without a rope and a belayer.  The idea of bouldering is pretty sweet, you "climb" the path you pick out and try to strengthen your hands and toes!

My shoes
While at Peak last night, I noticed in the sale shoe section... I could fit the kids shoes!!!  That was amazing to realize that I could fit in the kids shoes, since they were fifty dollars and then on sale (HALF-OFF)!!!!!!!!  These shoes are so comfortable, and so pretty.  The boys laughed at me because I picked the "pretty" shoe, where as all the other colors were not so "pretty."  Also, in my defense, the "pretty" shoe was in my size.
My mother has Keens, and raves about them a lot.  Also, my friend Anne bought Keen walking shoes for her sabbatical trip in May and June to walk around in them in England.  Anne picked her shoes because they were blue and it is her favorite color (the only reason it took a few trips to pick the right shoe).  My shoes will work great for this summer and future summers having a kayak.  My shoes are waterproof and dry quickly!  Two great pluses in looking for water shoes, I can ignore the random tan lines.

That is all for now!  Off to enjoy the weather :)

No comments:

Post a Comment