Thursday, March 24, 2011

The joys of a lazy day

So today, is towards the end of the week!!! Yahoo!

Yesterday was a slightly busy day, I had work for five hours; along with the meeting with my boss.  After work I went rock climbing and then had pizza super late.  Ok, so let's start at the beginning and work our way through the day.

I had work from twelve thirty to five; and so driving to work is always an experience with traffic.  I hate traffic, like despise it.  So, I always leave an hour before work during the week to deal with traffic and parking (which is another story).  I have to drive down 95 to get to work, and of course like always the minute I get on, something bad happens (i.e. accident, construction starts, cop pulls someone over).  So I have at least figured out how to get to work once I get off the interstate again (like after the minute I get on).  So, I have to drive down Leigh street, all the way to the MCV parking deck, right next to the hospital.  This parking deck has been around forever, and the building shows it.  This parking deck is especially scary to drive through and even worse to have to take the elevator.  Thank god for the stairs, which are so steep and small that one wrong step, and it'll be checking into the hospital instead of just parking.  At least my job pays for my parking there, which is super nice since parking is super expensive.  Once I got to work, I had to wait around for my meeting; which just added annoyance to it.  I went over to the other building to have my interview, and it felt like I was in elementary school going to the principle's office; even though my boss was trying to make me feel better about all of it by telling me that the meeting was just to make sure everything was going smoothly and figure out where we can work on problems.  So that was annoying, and of course I got to tell my side of all the events on Sunday (which was nice, since some person emailed my boss about all the "issues" that happened on Sunday).  So after that I went back over to the museum, and waited around.  No one came in, so I just sat around an did nothing all day.  It was a very unproductive day (insert sad face here).

After work, Kenneth and I had discussed going rock climbing (the night before).  So I had to drive out to Midlothian for this; which the drive was not as bad as I thought it would be.  I of course was starving, since the only thing I ate all day was pasta salad at eleven before work.  I stopped at Chick-Fil-A (the only fast food I eat besides Taco Bell, and maybe the once-a-six months McDonalds) and had a number 1 with diet lemonade!  I thought it was a sensible meal, and I only had about ten minutes of driving until I was there (and I was going to get there before the guys, so I could stop and eat then).  I got there at about 6; and the boys were not even leaving Colonial Heights!  I knew I had a good half hour or so until they got here, so no rush to enjoy my wonderful waffle fries!  Of course, Kenneth told me someone named Laurie would be looking for me (I knew I had no idea who she was).  Kenneth met her another night rock climbing, and invited her to rock climb with us for a bit.  She was nice, and we had a great time.  Last night my hands got beat up more than previous trips; however I used my "Free Trial Membership" to rent out actual rock climbing shoes and a chalk bag.  I love the chalk bag, the white chalk goes great with the black material that rubs off of the ropes.  So, I only climbed two walls; however that is perfectly fine with me.  Both walls I climbed were twenty five feet, and I got almost to the top with both (which is improvement for me).  Laurie has been climbing since October, and she has all her own gear and membership; plus according to Kenneth, she has done over three hundred sky dives (so she is like perfect for him - nothing I have to worry about... Ugh, not fair!)

After rock climbing, Scott and Kenneth decided to come up to my apartment and get pizza.  However the process of driving up, became an issue for the boys; I got up here about ten minutes before them.  Which was nice so I could relax for a few minutes before I was bombarded with crazies!  We ordered a Papa John's Hawaiian BBQ Pizza and breadsticks.  Everything was devoured.  I normally love left overs of pizza, however I realized eating with two guys; do not just get one large pizza and breadsticks.  During our pizza eating, we all enjoyed a beer or two; however Scott hates whichever beer Kenneth gave him and I just died laughing at them.  Once all the food was ate, Scott left us to drive home and Kenneth and I curled up in bed to watch Psych.  


For Christmas last year, Kenneth purchased seasons one through four of Psych, at Target on Black Friday for twelve dollars each (huge deal)!!!  So, of course I ended up wrapping my own seasons; but it was worth it!  I have enjoyed this show since the beginning; and am patiently waiting for season 5 to come out on DVD and for season 6 to start in May on USA Network.  So of course, to watch any dvd show, (if I have seen it before) I go to the bonus features and see all the fun events that took to make the seasons.  So last night we watched "What's in a name" and the gag reel; both come from Season 1.

So this morning, Kenneth left for work (at what I assume to be a normal time, I did not look at the clock) and I made sure my alarm clock was set and rolled back over and went back to sleep.  I woke up to a huge thunderstorm, first the rain hitting my window and scaring my cat (since she came up onto the bed and snuggled with me) and then the huge thunder clap that I hear that woke up completely.  After that I tossed and turned in my bed, turned off my alarm and tried to sleep more.  I am completely exhausted from rock climbing and walking all around the MCV lot and up to my museum.  At about noon, I decided to get out of bed.  So I decided that at one I would start some of my work for my sermon.  Since my youth group is doing a youth sunday on May 1st, my two junior boys are doing the sermon (the "speech" in the middle of the service).  I decided that I (as a youth leader) would write my own sermon; mine will never be heard by anyone, but it is more of the fact that I can relate to the guys more by doing this.  So I started my reading of extra help books, Anne made copies of books she used to write sermons (the ones most useful to her).  Of course, once I started to do my readings and taking my notes my head started to hurt so I had to stop. Dislike!

So, yes I have spent most of my day doing NOTHING!  And I do not regret it in the least!  However, I wish I was able to do something in life; like have a job or make some money (hehe)!  Off to figure out what I want to eat for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment