Friday, March 11, 2011

The Beginning

So this is the start of my blog, I will try to write in it every day (however, we'll see how that goes).

Let's start with a little about myself.

My name is Jessamy Beth Austin.  I am 23 years old and I live in Glen Allen, VA with a roommate and a cat.  I love to bake food, and working on my cooking skills.  I am an only child, who has always had pets instead of siblings; but never really minded.  I love delving into a good book curled up on the couch with some hot chocolate!  I am addicted to my iPod touch and my crackberry!  I love my friends more than they probably know and appreciate them so much in their own ways!

I graduated from Longwood University (Farmville, VA) in May 2010 with a Bachelor's of Art degree in History.  While at Longwood I was a part of a leadership organization called S.E.A.L. (Student Educators for Active Leadership).  The people in this group were a solid rock for me during my four years in college, I love and respect every single one of them and could not imagine a life without them.
Taken at our last meeting in 2010.

I lived in Winchester, VA for nine years of school and my mother still lives there now.  My mother and I have a huge love of animals, she has six cats and two dogs right now (she had more at one point).  She is my hero and I love her to death.  She has taught me so much about life and how to handle everything thrown at me. She works for Hospice, which in and of itself, is an amazing organization; and has battled and won over two different cancers.


Take on the day of my graduation, May 8, 2010.
This past fall, I lost my Grandmother.  She was a wonderful and amazing lady and I miss her every day.  She had a wonderful outlook on life.  She loved dogs, especially.  She had survived breast cancer twice and the death of her husband eleven years prior.




My roommate went to college with me and majored in Education.  We live in a quant two bedroom apartment with my cat.  The three of us spend time watching television, such as Food Network channel, N.C.I.S., Will & Grace, and My Fair Wedding. My cat and I have been together since the summer right before my junior year in high school.  My cat is scared of a  lot of things, mostly noises and people.  She loves hogging the bed (was a thought for the name of my blog) and sleeping on top of my boyfriend at night to save the space sharing during sleeping.

















My boyfriend!  Where do I start???  Well, Kenneth and I have been together for over three years now.  We love spending time together, watching chick flicks (sorry for the outing), rock climbing (newest idea, working on liking it), ballroom dancing and wine tastings!  We both have an OBSESSION for coffee and really good food!
Taken August 2010 at Lewis Ginter.

A few more things about myself, for Lent (a Christian tradition spanning from Ash Wednesday [March 9th] until Easter [April 24th]) I gave up:
- chocolate
- full fledged candy
- bakes goods including: brownies, cookies, cakes, cupcakes and muffins
- hot coco
- any juice (besides orange juice and 40%sugar free apple)
- liquor
and ice cream.
Lent this year will be a very long 47 days.


Right now, that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment