Friday, March 11, 2011

Just another Friday Night

So, just like any other Friday night; I'm sitting at home watching television with my roommate and my cat.  And of course I have to work tomorrow morning.
However, the difference between today and other Fridays is that my roommate is almost perfectly clean and the dishes are almost all finished!

Realizing that about a year ago, I was celebrating my final spring break of my undergraduate career in Virginia Beach with my boyfriend.  We stayed at the Ocean Beach Club Resort Hotel located at 3401 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451.  We had a great week, went to the aquarium, had wonderful food and just a great time being lazy.
The Ocean Beach Club Resort, photo caption http://www.vboceanbeachclub.com/
As last year was my senior year, I was very stressed about my senior paper and spent many nights at either the Hampden-Sydney library or the Longwood Greenwood Library.
The Greenwood Library
photo caption www.longwood.edu/library
HSC library, photo caption
www.hsc.edu/academics/speaking-center.html

Looking back over at least this past year and all the changes that have happened, it is so surprising to see how much I have grown as a person emotionally, spiritually and mentally.  Graduating with a B.A. in History in May has not really opened up many options (like all my teachers made us believe since I was in kindergarden) however I have had a great time enjoying my options and seeing what doors I can open and what windows I can go through once the doors shut!

I work part time at the Valentine Richmond History Center, located down here in Richmond, Virginia!  And I LOVE it!!!  Everyone always asks me what exactly I do there, and so here it is: I am a Visitor Service Liaison!  I give tours of the 1812 house owned by lawyer  John Whickam in the early 1800s, I answer the phone and questions of patrons who come into the museum, I help run the gift shop during the weekends and I just have fun!  I have wonderful co-workers and a very nice boss.
Photo Caption, http://www.richmondhistorycenter.com/index.asp





That's about it for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment