Monday, March 14, 2011

Newest obsession...

So, my newest obsession in my life is the Television show "My Fair Wedding with David Tutera."  And, let me say that I have no intention of having a regular wedding; I want to elope and have a big party afterwards.  So this is just my amusement of watching a wedding show and the "stupidity" of others.

I mean, I love WE tv on Sunday since it is all weddings, all day.  This show is just a complete hoot to me, since he does about the same thing on every show: changes the dresses, the location, to theme.  David just changes EVERYTHING.  So, when watching the show and the girl goes "Oh, I thought you would not change __(insert item being changed here)_____" it's like well you obviously have never watched the show before or are delusional that he would actually keep the item.  Most of the dresses that the bride has picked out for either herself or the bridesmaids are most of the time horrendous; or the bride's theme is completely different from her dress.

The dresses of the bridesmaids, oh where do I start?  I thought that bad bridesmaids' dresses ended in the eighties; however watching this show I realize that it still exist.  I am so fascinated by what dresses get picked for the girls; and of course since not every girl has the same figure finding dresses to pick all of the girls is a nightmare.  I do love watching when the bridesmaids tell the bride they hate the dress she picked out for them and the bride is shocked.  Part of being a bridesmaid is being able to go with the flow of what the bride wants; not have your own opinion.  However, some girls need to speak up before David even gets there about the dress.

Wedding themes.  Oh those are great means of laughter.  The people who's themes are from one extreme to the other, in the same wedding is a hoot!  I mean I understand that thought of trying to incorporate items about both members of the wedding party, family history and fun little jokes.  I think it's interesting to try to combine A with Z and get D.  It does not work.  Obviously David takes one theme to stick through and incorporate everything to just one idea.


Do not get me wrong, I know a lot of people who are getting married soon or have just gotten married; and their wedding plans are not as insane as I have seen on this show.  I wonder if they pick the bride who has the most outrageous ideas to be on the show?

Well, I'm off to watch more of this show of Verizon Fios On Demand!

No comments:

Post a Comment