Saturday, July 7, 2012

Vacation Week 1

Hey friends, long time no talk. This past week (well Monday until today) Kenneth and I have been on vacation. Okay, take that back: he has been on vacation since last Friday (summer hours = no work  on Friday for him)!

So here is a quick recap of our week, I will do more detailed post when I get more time this week.

Monday we left for Newport News, to stay with our friend Anne. We had lots of fun, played lots of games and went to the pool! Wednesday we left Anne's to go to Kenneth's aunt's house in Chesapeake. We had a 4th of July day dinner there with a lot of his family! Then we drove to Winchester to see my mom and Haley Baby; and today we came back to Richmond.

Let's just say I took a ton of pictures and it will be hard to just pick a few to post to sum up all of them.

We went to Mom's to really see the dog, not her. Since we put her down yesterday. It is not that she was sick, ill or anything; it is just that she attacked a few smaller dogs (she was roughly 50 pounds). Of course in her defense I say she was working on the rodent population, but never the less mom and I both know deep down in our hearts that it was the right thing to do. I am sure she was wondering why everyone was crying while she went to sleep. It was peaceful and humane. We were lucky to get a vet that we knew, so it was more personal for us also.
Truly only three people knew why I went up there until now. Of course if you have seen my facebook page you would see her picture as my profile. She was truly my baby. I will miss her like crazy, but I know she is with my Granny, Granddaddy, and other two dogs: Molly and Snuggles.

Here are two pictures of her, my beautiful Haley Baby!


Well needless to say, I will be working for the next six days then we are back on the road up north again. This trip has been planned for a long time, and involves great food, fun family time, an awesome garden visit and wineries! Hopefully by Friday night when we leave, I will have been caught up on my blogging and ready for the next trip!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment