Thursday, July 12, 2012

Another one has come and gone... Almost

Hey friends. Happy Thursday. This week has been slow as molasses. I cannot believe it is only Thursday, really my body thinks it is like next Sunday or something. So yeah, this week has come and ALMOST gone.

Well I will pick up from my last post about vacation. We left my mom's and hit Richmond around 8:30. Of course it was still like 90 degrees, so we were dying. Up there, it peaks then by nightfall it is cool again; apparently not the case here. Luckily we ran by the grocery store to pick up a few items, mainly dinner for the night and some milk.

Sunday was a hot day. It got to like 104, with the humidity of like 110. Ugh, going to work was not so fun. Of course it was SUPER packed dead. So the day dragged on, luckily I was able to read a book at work; it is called Richmond Macabre. Let's just say it is not for the faint of heart, but awesome to read (since I have a twisted sense of humor anyways)!!!

After work I went home and grilled some chicken, cooked some pasta, and made a baked chicken/pasta thing. Of course I made to much not really thinking about it; and now we have tons of leftovers (lucky for our freezer)!

Luckily Monday started, and with a bang. I got my butt kicked in barre class. I mean taking a full week off of any kind of physical activity besides shoveling food in my face (yeah, well okay I did some swimming; apparently not enough) what did I expect? I will say that I appreciated the butt kick. After that I ran by the eye doctor to pick up my glasses. They are super cute, I will try and post a picture soon. They are kind of like my old ones, with thickish black frames; but that is about it.

Finally work started for the week. Once again I am working in the afternoons, after kids end camps. Super easy and loads of fun. Luckily this week we have had like zero kids so it has been great!

Tuesday before my day even started I was on the computer registering for my last semester of college. Then I worked at the museum, which was fine. I did not even get a tour, but got to socialize with all my friends. I of course had the best lunch ever from Sally Bell's: ham sandwich, potato and bacon soup, and a yellow cupcake with chocolate icing. Delicious!

Wednesday I woke up with a tummy ache. No fun. So I stayed home and tried to feel better. Eventually I was able to get moving and get to work. Luckily last night was AWESOME! My old roommate and I went to the Bowtie theater to see Magic Mike! So the movie was good but bad. The dancing and etc. was AMAZING, but the acting and script was horrible. Luckily we had a beer before hand, which probably helped out!
We picked the Bowtie because we thought you could drink during your movie since they sold alcohol; but no, you have to sit in a roped off area to enjoy your beverage. The theater was nice, spacious, and stadium seating. We were lucky because no one sat right next to us, however people sat both in front and behind. There were like five guys in the theater, which was funny.

Rating movie theaters, I would rate the Alamo number 1, CineBistro number 2, and Bowtie third. The Alamo allows drinks in the theater, ordering through out the whole show and a huge theater space. Also the seats are leather and the staff has always been super nice and friendly. CineBistro has nice cozy, personalized space to sit, however the ordering as the guy is standing there (and if you want something else during the movie you have to go and get it), they had a 17% tip included in your order but the drinks were nice! Plus it is nice because it is 21 and up only. The Bowtie has good seating, and actually good looking food; however the aspect of no drinking is a bummer.

Thursday, aka today, has been fine. Once again I went to barre, but this time I kicked it's butt! The class of course was shorter, but still hard. The teacher was the same as Monday's so she just laughed when I came in. It is kind of a joke that I take both classes, and try to stick to the same teachers. I like all of them, and have tried to get them all as an instructor. Yet I do favorites, I think everyone does when it comes to their workout routines!

Afterwards I headed to Petsmart to pick up some cat food and litter; and to look at a self-feeder. OMG timed feeders for cats are like $70. What the heck??? I mean I love my fat ball of fur, but not that much. I left it at the store and kept moving. She will understand, I hope! We will chat about it after I come back next week!

I will admit though this week has been dragging by, and because of that I have been passing out in bed before my head even hits the pillow. Monday I hit the bed at 9, Tuesday at 10, last night at midnight only because of the movie; so maybe as the week continues so will my sleeping! We shall see! Well I am off of here!

No comments:

Post a Comment