Hey friends. I hope your Tuesday went smoothly. Mine went fine, minus the fact that I had to get up at 6am; but it was worth it. Watching Kenneth enjoy his birthday celebrations was worth it! We of course started last night at midnight with a card, presents and of course the cake (yum)! Then this morning we finally woke up and jumped in the car. It was a quicker ride than we thought, but it was okay. The class was about 4 hours long, but of course it was super fun to watch. It was just us to begin with, but then two guys from D.C. showed up. Apparently the classes are for 5 people at a time, so it was fun.
I started out following around him around, taking pictures and laughing like crazy at him. Yet eventually the heat got to me and I went and hid around under the shaded pavilion. I had a friend though, there was a bird nest and was occupied with an adorable little bird. From there I could monitor and laugh at everything. It was a truly fun time.
Here are a few pictures of the day (the majority of them are on FB):
 |
| The glider |
 |
| Signing his life away |
 |
| Getting strapped in |
Then the talking began...
 |
| Hanging around |
 |
| Taking a walk... |
 |
| The orange cone in the middle was the "finish line" |
 |
| The tow pulley (it was funny to watch) |
The moped was used to tow the hang glider, down the runway and and then eventually (if enough altitude is gained) it releases. Only one of the guys ended up releasing and then he fell like two seconds later.
Eventually the golf cart goes and fetches the "fallen" and brings them back. It tows both the flyer, glider and rope.
 |
| My buddy |
 |
| All the guys, hanging out |
 |
| End of the afternoon... |
By the time we got home around two, Kenneth just passed out. Well I guess with a full tummy of Chick-Fil-A and a total workout, it was worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment