Monday, October 31, 2011

So this whole moving thing...

... is killing our bank accounts.  Man, stocking up our apartment is a hard issue.  We have spent close to $300 at the grocery store, now of course we have coupons and the Bonus Card so it is cheaper than it could be.  But damn, it's annoying.

Yesterday, we started out with a lazy morning (since neither of us had to get up).  Then we had bacon and biscuits for breakfast/brunch along with mimosas!  We finally started to get a move on around 1, making our shopping list and looking at our coupons.  So we started out going to HomeGoods, then Whole Foods, then Best Buy.  Followed by Sam's Club and Martin's.  Yes, our day and car were completely filled by the time we got home round 8.

So of course, the minute we get home and unpack, I am back at unpacking and working in the kitchen.  I cooked a Shepard's pie!!  It was okay, not as good as the last time.  Not sure though what I did differently (except I did not have ANY recipe and was trying from memory... whoops, I guess it would help if I had a good memory).  Oh well, today I might make some chili.  Since it is super cold around Richmond, I mean I had to pull out my Northface jacket in October; I am working on "cold weather" foods!  Plus I am going out of town this weekend, and do not want to leave Kenneth starving (or buying processed food all weekend).  Aren't I nice??  Haha, I try!

Okay friends, off to work on my chili and get ready to be a peacock for work!  Do not worry, pictures will be posted!  P.S. Kenneth is the mad hatter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment