Ten years ago... Do you know what you were doing on Tuesday September 11, 2001??? I honestly know I could not tell you what I was doing last Tuesday, yet ten years ago I could.
On September 1, 2011 I was sitting in Algebra 1 in class, when our biology teacher came in and talked to our teacher. They said nothing to us, but as the bell rang for dismissal we all rushed to our next classroom. I remember my next class was health, and we sat and watched it on the news. We watched as the towers fell, the pictures of the Pentagon and sat in complete silence.
I remember a bunch of kids going to the principle's office, and after a while we realized their parents worked in D.C. I did not know anyone who lived or worked in D.C. so I was not worried. Yet I was worried. I mean I was in 8th grade, and this huge event happened. But as a nation we "survived," we did not back down, we went to war.
The sheer fact that it has been ten years, is astounding. Yet the things I have accomplished over the past ten years are even more astonishing. So lets never forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment