Friday, September 9, 2011

Mom time...

So as most of you know, my mother and I do not live near each other... so we do not spend a lot of time together.  Well the other week she decided she would come to Richmond for Labor Day weekend.  I was excited, but annoyed because I had a lot to do that weekend too; I made time for her though!!!


At first she came down on Thursday so we went to lunch at Chipotle!  We both had bowls, and they were YUMMY!!!  After that we went to DSW, her OBSESSION!!!  We tried on a TON of shoes.  Yet, I walked out with nothing, and she got two pairs.  Do not worry though, I have my eyes on a few pairs!!  Very soon, I will probably be back in there!  After that she went to Anne's and I went to school.

Friday, she surprised me and came to my museum!  She got a nice house tour, and then we had lunch at Sally Belle's Cafe in the garden!  It was a pleasant morning!  After that I went to Collegiate, and she to Anne's.  Kenneth and I drove up that evening to Anne's stopping at the grocery store to get some ingredients for hot fudge sundaes!  We had a great dinner, and then it was on to games.  We always play games, such as dominoes, phase 10, or skip-bo.  It was a great night, too bad I NEVER won!!  Those meany people I know.  Kenneth was MEAN...

Saturday morning we all went to a place in Richmond called Hollywood Cemetery.  Hollywood is an AMAZING cemetery in Richmond, that is BEAUTIFUL!  My mom LOVES cemeteries, so it was a great treat to spend time with her there.  She grew up across the street from one as a child, and throughly enjoyed her time there.  Needless to say, she walked around taking photos and enjoying herself!  I loved it too, the cemetery is BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING!  Kenneth, I think, thought we were insane.  Anne enjoyed the history and walking of it.  I was slightly annoyed with the amount of walking, being out of shape and all that jazz!  The tour was great, and the guide told us that a previous couple had told her they were there to pick out a baby name... I mean REALLY?????????  That is kind of insane, though there were some funny names floating around!

Afterwards we went to lunch at Nacho Mama's in Carytown.  It was a great meal, I wish I had taken a picture of my nachos - but they went too fast!  From there we parted with Anne, she had to go write her sermon, and we went to the Verizon Store!  My crackberry has been having a LOT of issues, and I could not update my phone until I could pay for it myself; so I have waited.  Except, I decided for my birthday I was going to ask for a new phone.  My mother obliged, and got a new phone too.  Well, technically we have them (they are bought for), but they are not physically here.  I am SLIGHTLY annoyed at Verizon since they guy told me they would be here today.  Yet, the shipping order says it will be Monday before they arrive.  ANNOYED!!!!!  Oh well, they will get here.

We parted with my mother, to send her back up north.  Needless to say, we had a great time!!!  I cannot wait to see her again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment