Thursday, December 29, 2011

The end of a year...

Hey friends,
I cannot believe 2011 is going to be ending so soon.  It really does not seem real that it should be ending, when it feels like it just started.  Or is that just me?

Needless to say, I feel that 2011 has flown by.  Yet, overall I cannot really figure out what I have learned these past 12 months.  I know a few things, so here goes:

1. When moving, it is best to prep the cat before people show up; not as the door is opening.  Needless to say the cat was not very happy with me for a few days.

2. When driving around Richmond, do not really think since no one else is; what is the point???  I have learned driving around Richmond that people act first, then think about their actions; therefor, I should just "go with the flow" and try and not get hit.

4. When working at a law firm, even though just temporary, it is best to be efficient and thorough.  Because of this I have been called back numerous times, and have really enjoyed it.

5. During school, I need to be more patient and careful in my notes and listening.  I have good notes, however I could have better ones.  Also, I should be aware that though I have a phone with internet I should not use it during class.  I do believe this kept me from taking good notes, and probably a pain in my teacher's butts.  I have two more semesters to work on this though!

6. Cooking for two is hard.  I mean, not impossible.  Yet hard.  I do enjoy cooking, so it is not a total loss.  I have figured out how to cook for one, and four.  Yet the cooking for two is hard.  Needless to say, leftovers are becoming my favorite thing to eat!

7. I am in the South.  I mean, I live in the Capital of the Confederacy; as so many people like to point out.  I mean Richmond just celebrated the 150th anniversary of the Civil War.  I mean, SERIOUSLY people the South lost.  Get over it!!!  Though working at a museum, people believe I should say "y'all" not "you all" or "you guys"; and I have been told frequently that I am not from the South because I do not say "y'all" while giving a tour.  Needless to say people, I believe saying "y'all" is not very professional and I have lived beneath the Mason-Dixon line my whole life.  So screw y'all(pardon my French).

and last but not least...

8. This year has been a troublesome year without my Grandmother.  There are many times I wish I could ask her a question about a family member, or my Grandfather; and I have to remember that she is no longer with me, but smiling down upon me from heaven with my Grandfather.  Frequently I have wished to hear her read me the newspaper or be able to go to Winchester and have lunch with her.  It has been truly hard without her during the holidays, and I have been super depressed because of it.  I must admit, I was not truly in the holiday spirit this year.  Hence the lack of tree and decorations, but I am trying.

I do hope everyone has enjoyed their 2011, and is looking forward to 2012.  I am working on my New Year's Eve plans and New Year's resolutions.  I hope both work out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment